Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Weekend with Grandboy

Being 50 for some people means being a grandparent.  I am one of those lucky people.  My beautiful grandboy Joaquin is truly a gift from heaven.  He enjoys coming to Mammy Granny and Papaw's house to play, get spoiled, and visit.  He likes to play with Daisy and Sumo although Sumo runs and hides because he's a wimp. 

Joaquin's momma,  my beautiful daughter Courtney brought him here this past weekend all the way from Oklahoma.  Doug and I enjoyed having them here.  I just wanted to share a few pictures from our weekend.



On Saturday we went to Mount Vernon for the Apple Butter Festival. This is Joaquin watching a souped up car go by. He got into the swing of the parade by picking up as much candy as possible that got thrown his way. He also shared with the little girl next to him.

Joaquin likes horses.  They had pony rides for the kids for five bucks.  It was worth the money to watch him ride.  When it was time to get off he didn't want too.  lol  This is momma Courtney helping her baby onto the pony.


Here we go, ready or not. He was totally ready. I imagine one of these days he will try to talk Papaw into getting a pony.

Look Mammy Granny I really am Cowboy Jack like Papaw says.


 
Did I mention he loves to go to the park.  There was a very nice park there for him to play at while Mammy Granny and Momma rested their feet from walking on the pavement for several hours.  He loves to go head first down the slide.
 
 
 
On Sunday afternoon we went to Bennett Springs to see Papaw fish.  He really liked standing there watching Papaw.  Then we went to the park at Bennett and here he is peeking at me through the jungle gym.  We played chase and I've got to say this 50 year old body was pooped at the end of the day.
 

 
On Monday we ate lunch at El Charro.  Joaquin thoroughly enjoyed the cheese sauce and chips as you can see its all over him.  We went after lunch to the park again where he tackled yet another slide.
 
Loved having Courtney and Joaquin here.  I can't wait until next time I see him.  She is doing such a fantastic job as a mother and Adam is doing a fantastic job as a father.  Of course Joaquin is doing a fantastic job stealing our hearts away.


No comments:

Post a Comment