Monday, October 8, 2012

UPDATE to Lemon Lovers Gooey Bars

UPDATE: Lemon Lovers Gooey Bars have a secondary title now...Lemon Lovers Gooey Bites

I decided I would freeze the bars for the holidays since no one is here to eat them when the brilliant idea came to use a cookie cutter to make dainty bite size bars.
I used a square shape that has its corners rounded.  I first made sure the bars were cold vs. room temperature.  Room temperature makes them too sticky and gooey thus hard to make a clean cut with the cookie cutter.  You can use any shape you want but keep in mind some of the bars will be wasted when cutting out shapes.
Once I cut the bite size bar I gently pushed it back out of the cookie cutter from bottom to top.  This keeps from touching the top and marring it with your finger.

This made such a cute little bite size bar.  With all the other treats during the holidays to sample, bite size seems the way to go.  When I get them out of the freezer to serve I will display them on a holiday platter or plate with a doily underneath and a light dusting of powdered sugar.  A bite size dollop of whip cream would look adorable on these.

Preparation for freezing started with a plastic container.  I placed the first layer in and then laid a piece of press and seal plastic.  I choose press and seal because it is thicker than standard plastic wrap.  I then continued with this layering.

Plastic container is full now.  You can see I had cut one bite out with a heart.  If I had a smaller heart I would have used it.  I used a marker to mark the top of the lid with the name and today's date.  Now we will wait and see how these freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment