Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Harvest Porch


Freemans welcome you to their home as they celebrate the harvest season.  Summer has passed and it won't be long until Old Man Winter rears his head.  We appreciate these days that we have now where we can still be outside enjoying all that God's creation has for us. 

Doug only has until the end of this month to enjoy fly fishing at Bennett Springs State Park.  He won't be able to fish again until opening day March 1, 2013.  That won't keep him down though I am sure there is some project calling his name out in the garage for the winter.

Obviously I've been enjoying the outside with the chance to decorate the porch and one of the flower beds.  Lots of work to still be done in the yard, lots of weeds that popped their heads out of the ground once the rain began to fall on our perched Ozark hills and land.
This is our Americana Patriotic front porch now named Harvest Porch.  It might be a little over the top but I like to show case my front porch sometimes.  lol  It's a wonderful porch to sit out on in our rocking chairs, even the steps are a nice sunny place to plop down.  When the beginning of spring comes and we have an usually warm and sunny day, I like to go out on the steps and plop down.  I take my shoes and socks off to let them bath in the sun after a long winters nap in socks, shoes, boots, and warm comfy slippers.
Here is the right view of the porch with Pretty Boy Sumo the Oklahoma Cowboy having to get his mug in the shot.  He was actually hoping I would go back inside so he could go lay down on the couch or in the recliner.
Now imagine roving your eyes to the left of the porch and of course there is Sumo still staring me down trying to get me to put him in the house.
Sumo has now allowed Miss Daisy Mae the Junk Yard Dog on the porch.  This picture doesn't look like it was difficult to take but little Mr. Alpha Dog on the right did not want Miss Daisy to be on the porch during picture taking.  Daisy is a rescued dog that we adopted.  She has been an incredible dog and she seems to love her forever home and now her forever master/dad.  She had been abused physically before we got her apparently by a male.  Doug is like the Dog Whisper, he can walk up to any dog and immediately make friends.  When we first got Daisy she was extremely fearful of any males.  This was frustrating for Doug as he has never had a dog do that but after several months of patience, love, and showing that men can be trusted she now completely worships him.

I love my rocking chairs. I purchased them a few years back from Wal-Mart. I brought them home and painted them red, white, and blue. The basic frame is painted blue and the slots on the seat and back are painted red and white. I then painted three stars on the head rest.
 
The picture on the left has a table I bought this summer from a garage sale for two bucks.  The game plan is to paint it the Star Spangle Blue like the rest of the porch furniture.  It has small pumpkins and gourds nested in raffia in the bottom cubby hole and on top is an old oil can or water can that I painted the Americana.  The picture on the right has our old mail box that is painted with red and with stripes with a blue door and a star.  Its just lovely with colorful flowers bursting out the door.  On top of the mail box I cut two holes and inserted two small pots.  I fill those pots with whatever catches my fancy.  Last but not least on each side of the door and tables are the red pots that are year around filled with colorful flowers that I grow or are man made.
 
There you have the Harvest Porch at the Freeman house.  Who knows maybe I will get the time and can spare the moola to do some decorating in the landscaping and flower beds.  I hope you all have enjoyed my pictures as much as I have enjoyed decorating. Next I will share my Harvest/Thanksgiving tablescape.  It won't be long when this all goes back into their trusty Rubbermaid boxes and out will come Christmas. 
 
Happy Harvest,
 
Angela
 

 
 

P.S.  Daisy and Sumo down in the left corner wanted to say "Come back and visit again but be sure to bring us treats."


 

1 comment:

  1. If you would like to post a comment I'd love to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete